Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- Lim Tean issued POFMA correction after claiming that the government spends “a quarter of a billion dollars providing free education for foreigners every year”. Education Ministry clarifies that while $238 million is indeed spent on foreign students per year, these students still have to pay fees that can be higher than for local students.
- PAP releases manifesto for Bishan-Toa Payoh.
- Individuals in East Coast-Fengshan Town Council shirts spotted distributing PAP GE2020 campaign materials. The Town Council said it is investigating the matter.
- A PAP poster has been found to be displayed without the official ELD stamp. The incident in Ang Mo Kio GRC is the third such violation this week involving a PAP poster.
- PSP claims that West Coast Town Council ordered it to take down 50 posters. PSP adds that it is currently in contact with the Elections Department regarding the order. Edit: WCTC has clarified that the posters were a safety concern as they were in a high-volume area. The PAP has also be ordered to remove their posters in the area.
Top image: Mothership