Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- All 31 constituencies see a contest. Two constituencies, Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC and Pioneer SMC, see three-corner fights. Pioneer also sees an independent candidate. See our complete list of constituencies and candidates here.
- SDA releases manifesto, “SDA: A Heart for the People”, seeks to cut GST to 3% for basic goods, higher GST for luxury goods.
- NSP launches manifesto, includes call to review POFMA and abolish if necessary.
In candidate news…
- PSP’s Lee Hsien Yang not running in GE2020.
And in all other news…
- PAP MP, Murali Pillai, addresses incident with Bukit Batok resident. Resident earlier claimed that Pillai told her “to get married” as it was “the only solution” to her housing issue.
- Murali Pillai claims son is victim of “scurrilous attack” via video circulating online. SDP’s Chee Soon Juan, running against Pillai in Bukit Batok, condemns the alleged attack, says “[t]his is not what politics should be”.
Top image: TheStar