Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- Tomorrow is Nomination Day. A schedule of broadcast coverage can be found here.
- PSP launches manifesto and slogan, “You Deserve Better”. Includes cutting ministerial salaries, reviewing POFMA and CECA.
- RDU releases manifesto, “A Charter for the Future — Captains of Our Own Lives”. Includes freezing GST for five years and reviewing the Internal Security Act and POFMA.
In candidate news…
- Tan Jee Say seeks to rejoin SDP.
- An independent, Victor Ronnie Lai, could run in Pioneer on a climate change platform.
- PAP MP for Nee Soon, Lee Bee Wah, to retire.
- PAP releases details about line ups in Radin Mas, Tanjong Pagar, Jalan Besar, Ang Mo Kio, Kebun Baru, Jurong.
- PAP unveils Ivan Lim replacement, Xie Yao Quan, in Jurong GRC.
- SDP partially unveils Marsiling-Yew Tee team.
And in all other news…
- PAP MP, Indranee Rajah, says no need to vote opposition just to ensure alternative voices, Non-Constituency MP scheme already forces that.
- New PAP candidate, Ng Ling Ling, responds to claim that she falsely took credit for setting up social service institute. Confirms that she was not the director but was still part of the pioneer team.
- SG Climate Rally releases their Greenwatch Climate Scorecard, rating parties on their environmental positions.
- ELD clarifies that script vetting only for party and constituency political broadcasts, not e-rallies. This after PSP raises questions about the requirement.
- ELD announces 10 overseas polling stations.
Top image: PSP, RDU