Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- WP releases manifesto: “Make Your Vote Count”. Proposes lowering voting age to 18 and introducing single-use plastic tax.
- SPP releases manifesto: “A Better Tomorrow”. Proposes lowering voting age to 18, freezing GST at 7%, and introducing a Freedom of Information Act.
In candidate news…
- GE2020 to be last contest for PPP’s Goh Meng Seng, SDA’s Desmond Lim.
- SDA solidifies plans to contest Pasir-Ris Punggol, reveals line-up for the GRC.
- Around 20 PAP MPs to retire this year.
- PAP new face Shawn Huang clears the air over allegations made against him.
In constituency news…
- NSP to drop MacPherson, avoids three-corner with PPP.
- SPP Secretary-General, Steve Chia, confident that party will avoid three-corner fights.
And in all other news…
- Pro-PAP Facebook page, “Fabrications About the PAP”, taken down by Facebook for “coordinated” or “inauthentic behaviour” during the elections period.
- PSP’s Lee Hsien Yang says Ivan Lim saga raises questions about PAP’s candidate selection process. Other parties weigh in too.
- PAP stands by “rigorous, robust” candidate selection process. Heng Swee Keat says Ivan Lim saga “regrettable”.
- Police report made after ex-SAF Colonel allegedly threatens individual who first surfaced Ivan Lim allegations.
- Elections Department responds to SDP query on display of PAP flags in public, says election rules for flags do not yet apply as campaign period has not begun.
- Elections Department reminds voters that passports can be used as valid ID for voting.
- A total of 226 political donation certificates have been issued.
Top image: WP, SPP