Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- DPP drops out of GE2020, cites desire to avoid three-corner fights.
- PAP releases manifesto: “Our Lives, Our Jobs, Our Future”.
- RP unveils policy proposals and campaign slogan, “Build Back Better, Fairer”.
In candidate news…
- Heng Swee Kiat tells PAP’s embattled candidate, Ivan Lim, to confront allegations. Lim breaks silence, says he intends to “stay the course”. Edit: As of 9.18pm, The Straits Times is reporting that Ivan Lim will no longer be contesting GE2020.
- Gilbert Goh is unveiled as PV’s candidate for Pioneer SMC.
And in all other news…
- MEWR reminds public to observe safe distancing, avoid touching candidates.
- PSP’s Tan Cheng Bock says “Lee Hsien Yang effect” increased donations, support.
- Analysts say Low Thia Khiang’s absence unlikely to significantly affect WP.
- Police confirm that three PV campaigners were stopped at Pasir Ris MRT for “demonstrating against politicians”. The trio held placards with photos of PAP politicians which the SPF said “amounted to a public demonstration”.
Top image: TODAYonline