Here’s what happened today in GE news:
- PAP might not see a single seat returned to Parliament on Nomination Day, after PSP announces plans to contest Nee Soon GRC.
In constituency news…
- PSP and RP lock heads over possible Yio Chu Kang three-corner. PSP spokesperson deines any prior agreement, but claims both parties are still in discussions.
- PSP to contest 4 GRCs and 5 SMCs, says changes still possible. Nee Soon latest addition.
In candidate news…
- PAP’s new candidates include first female general: “don’t look at me as just another general”.
- New PAP candidate, Ivan Lim, sees numerous accounts against him circulate on social media. Keppel colleagues and fellow NS reservists describe Lim as a “snob” and “elitist”. Masagos replies, says important for candidates to “prove themselves”.
- Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan to retire from politics.
- RDU unveils final candidate, theatre director Alec Tok.
And in all other news…
- SDP files appeal against Manpower Minister, Josephine Teo’s, POFMA correction direction.
- PAP to launch its manifesto tomorrow (27 Jun) at 10am on Facebook Live.
- Lim Tean claims PV volunteers were detained by police while campaigning.
- PSP hosted a webinar with candidate Ang Yong Guan on coping with stress during COVID-19.
- RP accuses The Straits Times of incorrectly representing the number of candidates they have unveiled, threatens recourse to POFMA.
Top image: AsiaOne